services list

  • Business registration
  • Accounts preparation
  • T.V.A. registration and returns
  • Capital Gains Tax calculations
  • Business Planning
  • Dual Taxation planning
  • Leaseback returns
  • U K Accounts and Tax returns



I pay tax in the UK - do I need to complete a French Tax return?

If you earn income in France including rental income, investment income, self employed or employed income then you will need to complete a French tax return - even if you complete a return back in the U K as well

How much tax will I pay?

Depending upon the amount of income you are declaring you will pay tax at a rate set by current french tax bands - rates are not wildly different from the U K equivalent. If you live in the U K you will probably pay at a rate 20%.

Will I get credit for the tax I pay against my U K income?

You will need to declare the "overseas income" within your U K Tax return but as long as the "french tax" is equal to or higher than the "U K tax" then you will have no further tax to pay

I live in France full time - what tax returns do I need to complete?

You will need to complete a french tax return if you have any income in france. You may still be liable for UK tax if you have kept property, investments, business interests or have any income coming from the UK

When are my returns due?

Depending on where your income comes from you may have to submit different returns but the main returns needs to be with the French tax office by 31st May (30th June for most overseas residents)