services list

  • Business registration
  • Accounts preparation
  • T.V.A. registration and returns
  • Capital Gains Tax calculations
  • Business Planning
  • Dual Taxation planning
  • Leaseback returns
  • U K Accounts and Tax returns



Gite's and rental income

One of the most frequently encountered sources of income for British ex-pats and for U. K. residents receiving an income from France is property rental income.

There are a number of ways that property rental income can be declared but the three main options are :-

* For smaller amounts you can declare the gross income received, deduct a fixed percentage for costs and pay Tax on the remainder

* For larger amounts or where losses are expected a full set of detailed accounts can be prepared itemising and claiming for all expenditure

* A property rental company can be set up where the land and buildings is owned by a limited company (this can be a useful tool in dealing with inheritance laws)

Whichever method you use the income must also be declared in your main country of residence (please ask us for our fact sheet on domicile and residence for tax purposes).

As part of our normal service when we complete french tax returns for clients we can either complete a U. K. return as well at a discounted rate or we provide a schedule showing which boxes need completing with which figures as part of the self assessment tax return

Why not give us a call for an initial free telephone consultation or fill in our enquiry form by clicking on "contact" - we will normally respond within 24 hours